Background

Friday, January 27, 2012

I "heart" U

I love red, black, and white for a colour combination and what better time of year or theme than Valentine's Day?  I have been hoarding these Bo Bunny Papers for a while for just this project and knew how I wanted to use it; I had to keep it 'soft' so frayed the edges with my craft knife.


I had this idea to sew the middle of the heart and that morphed into having two layers; then it looked too plain on the card next to the fancy "U" with the floral chain; so I added the white rose to the bottom layer; then I added bling to the "I" for balance but wanted more definition for the centre of the heart; so added a beautiful silver pin with the little heart bead at the top.


For the inside I used my new Blazing Red Stazon for the stamp and then decided to 'snazz' things up a bit using the "Adore" pin with the red bead - I love how it turned out!!  A matching envelope as usual and wallah!!

And a side angle shot so you can see the inside of the card too:

I love the end result - it's so romantic!


Ingredients:
White Pearl Card and Envelope
Red Cardstock
Bo Bunny Patterned Paper - Enchanted
Twiddleybitz - I, U Large Letters
Twiddleybitz - Heart (for template) (BAS013)
My 2 Angels - silver pin
My 2 Angels - White rose
My 2 Angels - Charming Floral
My 2 Angels - "Adore" pin
Flourish With A Bling - Red Pearls
Stazon Ink - Black and Blazing Red
Papercraft Clear Cling Stamps - Valentines
White cotton

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!