Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lace Cupboard

I was asked early in the New Year to make another musical cupboard.  The brief was black and white, vintage, fashion...  I like how this one turned out.  The lady whom ordered it was very happy and I'm sure the recipient will be too if the lady's reaction is anything to go by!!


Outside - before adding the musical winder at the back:


With the doors open:


A close-up of Miss Mannequin:


I quite enjoyed this project.  I hand made the large flower inside by using similar techniques to those shown in this youtube video here for the Tim Holtz Grunge Roses.  The flowers were 5 x 3.5cm white mulberry flowers from the My2Angels White Mulberry Flower Paper Pack, then I added the leaves that I coloured with Distress Inks.


Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - ATC Cupboard
Twiddleybitz - Vintage Miss Mannequins (VTG001)
Bo Bunny - Enchanted Patterned Paper
My2Angels - White Mulberry Flower Paper Pack
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot, Peeled Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles - Clear Rock Candy
Stazon Ink - Black
Kaiser Pearl strips
Green Tara Lace
Miscellaneous Bead Chain


Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!