Background

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just 4U

I made a card for Mother's Day, only this card is too pink and girly for my Mum!! It's so pretty and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Also I wanted to point out I only used fabulous adhesives from a relatively new company called Stix 2 Anything.  The PVA worked really well to adhere the paper rose to the Crochet by Kim flower and then that to the card over the fern leaves and bling.

And love this with the hint of green pearls from the FWAB Chloe flourish.

 I decided to use a Z fold card for my base, using the lovely pale green shimmer cardstock from Twiddleybitz.  I then decided to make windows...

I played around with placement for a bit and how to make the layers work...
I leave 'handles' on my little letters now and I get less paint etc on my fingers!!

and if you start to pull it open...

This is the inside - I will write along the top of the "U" page as it's hidden by the leaves when on display :-)

This is just a shot of the 'backside' of the card - I have painted the back of the "4" with the same pearl paint now though :-)

Ingredients:
Cardstock - Green shimmer from Twiddleybitz

Twiddleybitz - Large Letters - 4 U
Twiddleybitz - Alphabet - J, u, s, t
Twiddleybitz - Fern leaves
Flourish With A Bling - Chloe Pearl - Olive Green
Crochet By Kim - 5Petal flower white
My2Angels - Large Pink Rose
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Forest 
Adirondack paint dauber - pearl
Stampin' Up - Stamp n Write Marker - Pretty in Pink

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Very clever card and so pretty :) Sorry about not catching up tonight, maybe Friday after work?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!