Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lovers' Garden - Arch, Lamp-posts, Bench seat.


Third and final instalment...

The fence for the arch was more vintage photo ink and coffee shop mists and the actual arch was silver paint and then roughly inked with black stazon.  I wound the yellow flower spray around the top and secured it with hot glue.  The fence and arch are secured to the garden with hot glue also and the flowers and leaves are used as decoration both sides of the fence but to also cover globs of hot glue!

In keeping with the silver and black for the 'metal' areas the lamp-post near the pond was also given the same treatment as the arch...

The Bench Seat was easy to put together (although be warned - it's harder to colour completely as it's mdf not chipboard) and a great addition teamed with another lamp-post.  The lamp-post has so much detail in the centre of the post part that too much handling by me meant that I snapped it BUT add some 'climbing' roses and hidden hot glue - and you'd never know!

I also added little charms for character - 
a butterfly for the purple rose
some snails - the hot glue looks like snail trail!
lots of geckos hiding and partially hiding 
a dragonfly on the fence and more fish in the pond 


Soooooo the finished piece in it's entirety:

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - Arch with Fence
Distress Stain - Vintage Photo
Glimmer Mist - Coffee Shop
Adirondack Dauber - Silver
Stazon Ink - black
My2Angels - Yellow Flower spray

Twiddleybitz - Paris Lampost (1)
Adirondack Dauber - Silver
Stazon Ink - black
My2Angels - All flowers and charms

Twiddleybitz - Park Bench
Distress Stain - Vintage Photo
Glimmer Mist - Coffee Shop
Mod Podge
Twiddleybitz - Paris Lampost (1)
Adirondack Dauber - Silver
Stazon Ink - black
My2Angels - All flowers and charms

I do hope you have enjoyed the process for each of the pieces of this creation and I hope I inspired with you and you'll share your own creation/s with me soon :-) Thanks for stopping by
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!