Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

iPhone Thoughts...

I have had altering an iphone case on my to-do list for a while now and found the time the other night.  Super happy with the result and have been using it ever since :-)
  • I used alcohol inks to colour the white base.
  • I coloured the centre of the flower with butterscotch alcohol ink.
  • Then some embossing powder - heating the ep only slightly warped the case, it still fits fine!
  • Then I stamped the saying and waited for it to dry.  
  • Stuck on the bling.
  • Painted it entirely in the gloss medium. 
  • Then painted the frame both sides also in gloss medium and stuck that to the phone.
  • Then painted another coat over the whole lot.
  • Once dry, I used glossy accents to attach the flower.
  • And a touch of brown stazon ink along the edges of the case.
Ingredients:
Generic iPhone hard case
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Pebble
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Espresso
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Hazelnut
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Gold (mixative)
Stazon Ink - Timber Brown
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dabber - Vintage Photo
Ranger/Claudine Helmuth - Studio Multi-Medium Gloss
Stampin Up Stamp - ?

I really like this - am thinking I'll have to make a few more!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!