Background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Whatever! Mixed Media Canvas

I have finally done it!!  I have finished a mixed media canvas AND made a whatever/who cares clock! LOL

I originally saw a clock on the net just like this that said "who cares, I'm always late anyway"... too many letters so I used "whatever" instead :-)  As much as I hate it and can't stand being late - it's me, a single mum of three, my schedule is never my own and I am ALWAYS late! Now you know my secret!!!

and a closeup:
I used a cog stencil and texture paste; added alcohol ink; added distress inks; added stazon inks; added paint; added embossing powder; then some chipboard cogs, arrows, letters, and of course the numbers.
I was lucky to have a clear picture in my head of what I wanted so this actually only took a few hours - sped up by drying/heating with my heat gun - which added a few bubbles to the texture paste :-)

Ingredients:
30cm canvas board
The Crafters Workshop - Gears template
Jo Sonja's - Texture Paste
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Pebble
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Butterscotch
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Hazelnut
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Gold (mixative)
Stazon Ink - Timber Brown
Stazon Ink - Jet Black
Versamark Watermark inkpad
Pipe DreamINK - Opals - fools gold
Colourful Thoughts Jewel Enamels - Rich Copper
Colourful Thoughts Jewel Enamels - Deep Gold
Adirondack Paint Dabber - Gold
Twiddleybitz - Small Cogs
Twiddleybitz - Basic Arrows Bag (BAS006)
My2Angels - Hardware Brads

Thanks for stopping by and if you make a 'whatever' clock of your own - I'd love for you to comment with a link so i can see yours too!!

Jen
:-)

2 comments:

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!