Background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Little Choir Girl

I did this layout at the Vintage Indulgence retreat in New Zealand recently.  I had a fabulous weekend teaching a make n take and spending time with my online buddies.  I really feel like I've cemented some friendships that were 'meant to be'.  

My journaling is the tag in the top left hand corner as I am determined to not only create beautiful layouts I am happy with, but to journal and not forget why I started scrapbooking in the first place - to preserve our memories and tell a story!!  This photo is of Erin ready to perform in the school choir - she loves it and I am so happy that we share a love of singing and music!

  • The background was stamped with the butterfly stamp in black stazon, then the butterflies colours with white resist crayon.
  • I then sprayed the page with Banshee Black starbust (and the doily) and edged with black soot distress ink.
  • I added the patterned paper (edged too!) and the doily
  • I coloured the chippy frame with black stazon and when dry, added the silver rhinestones
  • added some strips of washi (not wasabi LOL) tape
  • I added the photo, frame and the manorhouse creations rosettes
  • attached the charm from My2Angels
  • Placed the white Grace flourishes
  • slid the tag for my hidden journaling in at the top of the rosettes under the frame...
  • and finished by adding just a touch of the irridescent medium to the rosettes
And the customary close-up :-)
Ingredients:
White Cardstock
Alison Ellis Design Patterned Paper
Twiddleybitz - Fantasy Round Overlay (OVO10)
Flourish With a Bling - Silver Rhinestones
Flourish With a Bling - Grace Pearl Flourish, Pearl
Manor House Creations - Rosettes, Pearl (SAF0037pea)
Kaiser Stamp - Botanical (CS795)
My2Angels - handmade embellishment with XOXO charm
My2Angels - premade white bow with silver edges
Doily
Washi Tape - Music
Wax Resist Crayon
Stazon Ink - Black
Tim Holtz - Black Soot Distress Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang - starburst - Screaming Banshee Black
Windsor & Newton Watercolour Irridescent Medium (Thanks Janine Koczwara for the intro to this awesome medium!!)
Stix2Anything - Double-sided Tape

Thanks for stopping by!
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!