Background

Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Birthday 2 you

Another Centre Step Card (can't seem to get enough of them at the moment!) - but a masculine one this time!!  I used the gorgeous Sears n Son papers and teamed them with the awesome small hot air balloon from Twiddleybitz and 'accessories' from My2Angels...

And of course - a close up for you of the gorgeous items from Tracy at My2Angels.net:
  • This time I started with a pre-cut and folded card from Twiddleybitz!!
  • Scored and cut the card
  • Cut the patterned paper
  • I inked all card, and paper edges and the 2, y, o, u, with Black Stazon ink
  • Stamped "Happy birthday" on the bottom horizontal panel - also in Black Stazon ink
  • Used alcohol ink to colour the white bow and flowers
  • Used a number of coloured distress stains to colour the hot air balloon
  • Added the gold paint around the edge of the balloon and y, o, u
  • Adhered all paper to card
  • Added the compass charm and bow
  • Adhered the hot air balloon, 2, and y, o, u
  • Adhered the head of the brad and the 'love' charm
  • Lastly I fed the stalks of the roses through the centre of the brass flower and adhered all to card
Those Paper measurements again (cm):
1 x 2.5x14
2 x 2.5x6.5
1 x 7x8


I hope you like my take on Masculine LOL!!  I needed a card for that wonderful man in my life and didn't think pastels, flowers, and birds would cut it!!

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - Pre-cut card and envelope - C6 Kraft colour
Twiddleybitz - Small Hot Air Balloon (BAL002)
Twiddleybitz - 2 (TAB002)
Twiddleybitz - Alphabet - square
Kaisercraft - Sears & Son Patterned Paper
My2Angels - Pre-tied Bow - White
My2Angels - White Roses
My2Angels - Hardware Brad
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Denim; Mountain Rose
Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Vintage Photo; Mustard Seed; Fired Brick
Adirondack Paint Dabber - Gold
Stazon Ink - Black
Stix2Anything - Double-sided Tape
Miscellaneous "Happy Birthday" Stamp

I hope you like it - I enjoyed going all 'manly' for once... must do it again soon :-P
Jen
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's nice to be appreciated and it's great Karma!